Followers

Friday 21 September 2012

Celebrating friendship - with blogs and a bag

I never cease to be amazed and delighted by the bonds of friendship that are created through blogs.

When the Lady Of the House started me blogging soon after I arrived here in my forever home (two years ago last month) I never dreamed where it would lead. Our lives feel so much richer for the people we've met through blogging and the laughter (and tears) we've shared. I feel as if many of you are real friends - even though we've never met.

For a few weeks now the LOTH and I have wanted to do something to celebrate how thankful we are for that friendship. So this is what we've decided.

One of the LOTH's bestest ever friends is called Carol - and she is VERY clever when it comes to quilting. She made the LOTH a lovely quilt and a bag for her birthday and she makes lots of bags both as gifts for loved ones and as raffle prizes to raise money for charity.

She made us this beautiful bag and said we could use it however we wanted - so we thought it would be nice to offer it as a gift to one of our blogging friends. It was made with love by Carol and it will be sent on with lots of love from me and the LOTH too.

It's just a little gift, and it can only go to one person - but I'd like it to represent the gratitude we feel to all of you who have supported us over the last 24 months with your comments and your friendship.

If you look closely you can see quite a lot of the dogs whose blogs we visit - I can see Dachsies, and Scotties... and is that a French Bulldog among others?

Carol said she did try to find some material with greyhounds on - but didn't find any that she felt did us justice. I quite understand. Besides, I might not have let the LOTH give it away then.

So if you are a follower of my blog - and you'd like to receive this bag as a gift of love and thankfulness from me and the LOTH - just leave a comment below in the next week. We'll send it anywhere in the world (it's very light).

Today is also a special day for one of the best friends any pet blogger could have - PIP!



You can read all about his special day here on Frankie Furter and Ernie's blog and also about the special day when Pip came to his forever home - here. It's a lovely story about the triumph of love and hope. Enjoy it.



And last but NOT least...one of my great blogging friends is Suzy. Her son Marc has TODAY started a coast to coast walk in aid of Greyhound Gap - a small but very important UK charity which rescues and rehabilitates and then rehomes greyhounds and lurchers across the UK who are otherwise at risk of being put to sleep.

You can follow their progress over the next 10 days at Suzy's blog, or on their Facebook Page. If you can spare them even just a few pennies, there is an online page HERE where you can donate, It would mean a lot to Greyhound Gap.




21 comments:

Sue said...

Lovely bag. Polly and I would like to be in with a chance to own it please.

Blogland sure is a very special place.

Off to read about Pip.

Tucker The Crestie said...

We love Blogland! So many fabulous people and pups (and kitties!)

Thanks for letting us know about Pip's special day, and also we know that you are NOT Whinnie!

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea Winnie re the bag. Great pawty for Pip. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

What a beautiful bag, someone is going to be very lucky indeed!

We first met up with you Winnie when my son did the walk last year for greyhound gap, I remember how kind the LOTH was with spreading the word, lets hope this year is as good! so a huge thank you from all of us. It's been lovely following your adventures this past year and through you we have made new cyber friends.

Sue and the Taylor pack plus little Belle xxx

The Daily Pip said...

Winnie, we feel the same way about our blog friends! It's so amazing to have friends around the globe - we feel so blessed and are grateful everyday! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

That is an absolutely lovely bag. Your friend Carol is so TALENTED!!!

Your pal, Pip

WFT Nobby said...

Despite the apparent and somewhat regrettable lack of representation of wire-haired fox terriers, I must say that is an uncommonly handsome bag, and I would be more than happy to accompany Gail were she lucky enough to end up with it!

Oh and Gail says she feels just the same way as LOTH about all her friends in the dog blogging community. In fact, the magazine Dogs Monthly has this month actually published an article she wrote which touches on this very topic.

Finally, best of luck to Marc on his worthwhile walk.

Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WINNIE.... OVER HERE... I am sooooo glad that you were able to make it to PIP's Surprise Pawty. THIS is just ONE example of how WONDERFUL Blogville really is. I am so glad that you are here with us.
Did you get some of that Awesome ... fresh caught Possum that Nora and her brother brought? Sasha cookered it all up to pawfection. Come on.. I'll show you where it is... better hurry though before it is all gone.

Ziggy Stardust said...

I love my bloggy pals so much. Pip is so special, I am glad we have a day to celebrate with him. That bag is really beautiful. I hope to see you at the pawty at Pips.

Loveys Sasha

genji said...

Very cute bag. I started my blog to document my fur kids adventures for posterity. I too was surprised to find a vibrant doggie blogging community.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Such a beautiful bag, and we adore Pip so much!

jet said...

Are greyhounds going to go on the walk? ;) or are they too lazy? it is quite nice how the pet blogger community forms friendships like that, I am not aware of any other blogging genre that is quite so close and good for building networks. :)

tubby3pug said...

Cool bag!

urban hounds

What Remains Now said...

What a fun and generous thing to do. I agree that the blogging community helps you make friends all over the world. Winnie is one of my favorite friends! Great call out for Walking The Beat.

I would love to be entered in the tote drawing.

Scooter said...

Hey Winnie & LOTH!
Wow, what a beautiful bag! Your furiend Carol is really talented. My pack is so grateful for Blogville too. It is a wonderful world filled with laughs and love. I wish we could all meet up...wouldn't that be pawesome! I'm glad we are blog buddies.
BTW: I'd like to be entered to win that gorgeous tote and I'll add your event to the BCCalendar.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Finn said...

Lovely lovely bag! We are sure glad you are a part of Blogville!

Eileen H said...

That's a lovely bag Winnie, I'd like to enter your draw to win it please. I've made some lovely friends in Blogville too.
Well done to Marc for raising money for Greyhound Gap and good luck to him. I'll tell my daughter Carol about him as she had her beautiful lurcher Tinker from Greyhound Gap. Tinker has only got one eye and Carol gave her a forever sofa :-)

Matilda the Boxer said...

Wow, that's so nice of you! Blogville is such a grreat community. I'm so glad I've been able to be a part of it and meet so many amazing furiends!

Agnes B. Bullock said...

Winnie, what a lovely idea- the bag is beautiful!

Agnes B. Bullock said...

We just donated! Hope they raise the money!

Sankissjuice said...

We are your new friends. I feel the same way about my blog pals too. They always make me smile and laugh. Hope we can be great friends too. The bag, if by chance, lands on us will be just bonus. Your friendship is priority ;)

Sankissjuice

Elaine Pritchard said...

Thanks Agnes xx