Followers

Friday 9 August 2013

A new dawn?

This past few days Monkey has been exhibiting a strange kind of behaviour.
One night he came to me and stood while I stroked and made a fuss of him. Something he had never done before. He hasn't repeated it again yet but we live in hope.
Also on his morning walks - which both myself and the LOTH have been partaking of - Monkey has been really excited and has added a few little jumps and spins to the early part of the walk - all without any sudden noises making him jump.
We did think that maybe it was the fact that two of us were there and he wasn't sure which of us had control so he was trying to see who had the lead.
However, today's walk was a solo affair as the LOTH had to take the GOTH to work and Monkey still did the bouncing.
We now have our fingers crossed that we may be seeing a new-found sense of fun and that Monkey is beginning to relax with us.
PS. Don't tell Monkey - but we are taking him on holiday soon and he will have to get used to another set of surroundings for a while.


Atmospheric . . . with two of us along for the walk one can take photos.
Obviously they will all be taken from the rear so as not to frighten little children

and not because someone couldn't keep up




 


12 comments:

Tennessee Winnie said...

Monkey, I'm glad to hear you are starting to really enjoy retirement. It took me almost two years before I would sit on the couch with my head on Mom's lap. Now I love that!
-- Tennessee Winnie

Unknown said...

Sounds like Monkey is well settled and is starting to enjoy life. Nice one. Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

houndstooth said...

I love seeing their personalities unfold as they get comfortable. When we adopted our first Greyhound, I heard the saying "The dog you bring home from the kennel is not the same dog you'll have in a month, in six months or a year." It's so true, and it's one of the things I love about Greyhound adoption. As we get to know Flattery, I'm just charmed and enchanted by all of her little quirks and new discoveries. I hope all of you have a great time on your trip!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Monkey is making some real PAWgress.

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

It's wonderful when they start to emerge from their shell and begin the journey to feeling safe, loved and happy. Keep t up Monkey xxx

curator said...

Bless you, Monkey. Sending you happy wishes from the Museum crew.

Sue said...

This is fab news. Sounds like he is relaxing and coming out of himself.

Matilda the Boxer said...

I'm so happy Monkey is settling in with you!

What Remains Now said...

So glad that Monkey is becoming Monkey. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Remember to take pictures to show us.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Time is on your side Monkey
Snorts,
Benny & Lily

Ziggy Stardust said...

You go Monkey!!!!


Loveys Sasha

Eileen H said...

Monkey is doing really well now.
Wishing a happy holiday to you all!