Followers

Friday 1 April 2011

Ready for the weekend

I've had a lovely week with the Man Of The House who has had five days' holiday from work - which rapidly turned into him doing lots of jobs around the house, cooking nice meals and walking me!

Tonight the house is all upside down as we're getting ready for tomorrow's Spring Fair in aid of the Retired Greyhound Trust. I'm doing a meet-and-greet outside the village hall (with the MOTH) to show people what lovely pets greyhounds make.

I'm a bit nervous as I've not done a meet-and-greet before - but I've been reading posts by professional meeters and greeters like Blueberry and Bunny on the Tails and Tales blog and I hope I can do them proud.

I'll let you know how it goes - and thanks to everyone who has sent us good wishes when we've mentioned it before. The Lady Of The House is worrying if we'll have enough help. You never really know how many people will turn up and we have had some nice publicity for it.

Then on Sunday - which is Mother's Day over here - the LOTH and her friend Alyson (Frankie's mum) are off to the National Memorial Arboretum for a guided walk which will look at some of the memorials connected with animals in wartime which they think is a nice and different way to spend the day.

The NMA is only a very short drive from where we live in Staffordshire so although I'm not going I shall look forward to hearing all about it when they get back.

I'm keeping out of the way now, while they get everything ready. Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are planning.

22 comments:

Tucker The Crestie said...

Sounds like a busy weekend in store, Winnie! Have fun! I have a feeling you will be a champion meeter & greeter!

Road Dog Tales said...

That sounds like a nice bit of special attention for you with the MOTH catering to your every whim, Winnie! Have fun at your meet & greet. Look forward to reading all about it!

The Road Dogs

Corbin said...

Busy weekend for you! Hope you have lots of fun and meet lots of great people!
-Corbin

The Daily Pip said...

Happy Mother's Day to your mom! Hope she and her friend enjoy the Arboretum.

Your pal, Pip

Unknown said...

You will be a wonderful meeter-greeter! Good luck and have a great weekend!
Cairn cuddles, Oz

houndstooth said...

We're meeting and greeting tomorrow, too! Oh, Winnie, you'll do fabulously! Just tell your MOTH to take a camera so we can see your public adoring you and a bed for you to rest on. Enjoy your weekend! We can't wait to hear all about it!

Bunny

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Hope the Fair is a whopping success. We know you'll do your part.

XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

Two French Bulldogs said...

You are going to need some relaxing after a busy weekend
Benny & Lily

Oskar said...

I hope your mom has a lovely Mother's Day. I know that you will do the breed proud tomorrow.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful time, being a meeter and greeter!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at your meet and greet, Winnie. I know it'll be absolutely Most FAbulous cuz YOU are absolutely Most Fabulous! I can hardly wait to hear all abouts it.

And happy Mother's Day to your LOTH!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Sue said...

Hope the fair is good and the meet and greet goes well.

Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh you get the house all to yourself :) What ya gonna do? ;)

Have a great weekend!
Roo

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

What an adorable greyhound! I love them. Bless your hearts for adopting ! Cheers

HH and The Boys said...

Hi Winnie... just read about you on PBU and had to come over and say hi.

pawhugs, Max

Winnie @ The Other Winnie Cooper said...

You'll do great Winnie. Meeting and greeting is one of my specialties, until someone assumes I want a belly rub (my mom says showing my belly immediately upon meeting someone gives people the wrong impression)!

Hope the fair is a great success, I can think of no better ambassador for your breed.

xoxo, Winnie Cooper

pam said...

Hello dere Winnie. We are visitin from Pet Blogs United. Nice to meet ya...

Bobo and Meja

Bobby said...

Winnie we hope all has gone well, and lots of money was made.
Licks Bobby

bbes tribe said...

Have fun at the meet n greet!We know you'll do great!! Greyhounds are wonderful and we are sure you will be a good representative for them!!
Ernie,Sasha,Chica,Lucas

Scooter said...

Hey Winnie!
Wow, I know you'll be the bestest greeter! I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun, so please let us know how it goes! Enjoy!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

tubby3pug said...

Happy mothers day, be extra nice to your mommy. We love vacations with our pawrents too!

Amber-Mae said...

Yup, sounds like you're going to have a very busy weekend! Have fun!