Followers

Saturday 10 March 2012

Oh! The inhumanity!!

Yesterday was a pleasantly warm Friday - and the Lady Of The House was still at Crufts - and so when the Man Of The House suggested some time out in the garden I was thrilled.

Little did I know he had an early spring bath in mind for me.


Please note (on the picture above) the high tech, green showering device that is apparently deemed suitable for a dog of my standing.

You will also note that I am STANDING by the bins. Nice.

However, despite my long face (longer than usual maybe) I didn't really mind and my new pink dog shampoo did make me smell beautiful and made my fur super-soft.

When I was dried the MOTH also let me put on my new Union flag collar - in honour of Olympics year - which the LOTH bought me back from Day 1 of Crufts. It came from the lovely folks at Perry Barr Retired Greyhound Trust so I am glad the money went to their funds.


The LOTH is at Crufts all weekend, but it's only about 45 minutes drive from where we live so she comes home every night and I watch the coverage with her that the MOTH records between 6.30pm and 9pm.

If you want to read the stories she is covering (frankly, I wouldn't bother because I don't get a mention) you can go to the news and features section of her Lost and Fond website.

I am joining the Saturday Pet Blog Hop today which has a snazzy new badge to show how it connects pet bloggers all around the world.


This blog hop is kindly hosted by Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Confessions of the Plume.

If you'd like to join in and make new pet blogger friends, please follow your three hosts, add your blog to the Linky and copy and paste this week's new Linky code into the html editor of your own blog. The list will automatically update on everyone's blogs as new sites add themselves over this weekend and we can all hop from blog to blog and find out everybody's news.

Thanks again to our three hosts for putting on the hop!

If you follow a new blog after finding them in the blog hop - please let them know that you found them on the Saturday Pet Blog Hop.

Also, I'm afraid there are a couple of rules to make it fair for everyone: If your blog is not pet-related your link will be removed and links promoting giveaways that are unrelated to the pet blogger hop will be removed. This is a way of making friends and building our blogging community.

29 comments:

HH and The Boys said...

Thanks for hosting the Saturday Blog Hop. Have a great, clean day.

pawhugs, Max

Elaine Pritchard said...

Hi Max. I can't claim the credit for hosting the blog hop - I am just one of the bloggers who has jumped on board. But I am grateful to the three bloggers who DO host it. I've met so many great friends through it.

Here's hoping today is dry and quiet!!

Adien Crafts said...

hey Winnie!! Lovely to catch up with you after all this time, yes, those Baths are a pain aren't they but then the feeling after is probably worth it! Your Mom will want a lie in on Monday after 4 days at Crufts, great treat times though eh? Dex and Lou xxx

Dexter Dog said...

We love your new collar very stylish. Mum laughed out loud, that you were very unimpressed to be showering by the bins.
Happy Saturday. Dexter

genji said...

Oh My! My guys haven't had a bath in years. Think it might be time?

The Thuglets said...

OMD...a spring bath you poor girl! .
Winnie you look fabulous sporting your new union jack collar.
Have a great weekend
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Two French Bulldogs said...

When they get bored baths are in the air
Benny & Lily

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

What in the World was the MOTH thinkin??? HOW RUDE of him to give you a BATH... with THAT Sprinkle THINGY to boot? UNSPEAKABLE HORROR. How could he do that to a lady of YOUR HIGH BREEDING AND STANDARDS??????????? I am SHOCKED.

BUTT your new collar DOES look STUNNING on your shiny sleek furs.

Now since YOU are not being featured I think I will take a pass on watching that stuffs. I can NOT believe that you have suffered yet ANOTHER blow like THAT. YES, I will boycott it fur sure.

What Remains Now said...

Winnie...Our mom had to chuckle because our post tomorrow is about baths. Feeling your pain across the pond.

Freedom, Casper & Nikki

Millie and Walter said...

Sorry to hear about the indignity of a garden bath, but that new collar is stunning.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Winnie, Jet here. Nice to meet you on the Hop today. You look fetching in the collar and the donation makes it even prettier.

Now about the conditions of your bath... May I recommend that the MOTH read a few of my posts for some pampering ideas?

http://heyitsjethere.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/jjs-first-spa-day/

http://heyitsjethere.wordpress.com/2011/11/12/spa-day/

WFT Nobby said...

Winnie, you are lucky to get a watering can. My baths mostly consist of being dunked in a cold Scottish mountain stream.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Sue said...

Winnie, You look even lovelier after your bath.

Love the collar.

Hiking Hounds said...

Oh Winnie, you sure were tricked. And standing next to the bins, OMD! I'm glad it worked out for the better though. How fun that your LOTH is at Crufts. I'll have to check our her articles.

Sage said...

I love your sophisticated bathing system! I don't think I'll let Mom see it though--she'll get it in her head that it might be a good way to bathe me.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Ugh, surprise baths are the worst! Your collar is very beautiful, though. We can't wait to watch the Olympics!

Rama's Mama said...

I mentioned "bath" and Rama disappeared! You look very spic and span and I bet you smell good! Nice to meet you!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We have one of those green showering thingys. We are on our way to hide it!

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Jen said...

Oh no, bathtime! Perhaps you should lodge a complaint, and the facilities will be up to your standard next time ;)

Brando and Bogart said...

We agree, thanks for the Saturday Blog hop, we are trying to keep up! Have a great weekend!

GOOSE said...

I had a bath the other day too. But it was in the tub. MOM just can't seem to catch me if she wants to use the hose outside. hhehehe
Blessings,
Goose

houndstooth said...

A bath?! The HORROR! I hate baths! I do have to say that your new collar looks pretty spiffy, though! At least some good came of the whole affair!

Bunny

Smile With Your Tail said...

Oh my god... a watering can shower next to the BINS?! Oh the humanity!
We do like the collar though.

Hope the LOTH had a great weekend at crufts, 45 mins isn't too bad, still long enough though, it took Mum 4!

Have a great week

Slobbers

Bongo said...

You look pawsome in your new collar - especially after getting all cleaned up. I love getting showers with the garden hose.

Declan said...

Lovely collar Winnie. Mum nearly had a dog from Perry Bar before she got me. Turned out not to be cat friendly though...hmmmm....moving swiftly on... I have a similar regime for my bathing. I've no idea why they don't have an extension with an on-suite built for me! Deccy x

Peggy Frezon said...

Oh I hope your Mom is having a fantastic time! I can't wait to hear more about it. I love your collar!

Scooter said...

Hey Winnie!
Wow, there's nothing good about a bath, except for getting dirty all over again! BOL. My peeps turn the garden hose on me in warm weather. Pththtttt. Your new collar is beautiful and I bet you smelled wonderful!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Oh dear Winnie I'm afraid to say our hounds have the same shower as you, well the tiny one fits in the shower but the rest are outside. Love the new collar.

Bassetmomma said...

Ooooo! I love your collar!!