Followers

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year - and a look back at Christmas

I've had a lovely lovely Christmas and New Year break with the family and done lots of eating, playing, walking and just lolling lazily about.

My first blog post of 2012 has to be a quick look back at Christmas morning in our house to share with you my excitement about the three great presents that Santa brought me.

The first one was the most exciting and special (I thought). Forgive the blurred photos below but they capture the speed with which I moved to protect the great gift.

The Lady Of the House read out the tag and told me Santa had sent it from her cousin, Laetitia, husband Melvin and their lovely daughters Katie and Rebecca. I KNEW it was something great so I tried to help her open it QUICKER.


It was a Christmas reindeer in a Santa hat! The LOTH wanted to get the cardboard and the plastic off it - but I thought this might be a trick so SHE could keep it and play with it herself.


We had a little tussle.


I knew I had to move FAST.


So I grabbed my dear deer and headed out of the room to safety.


Only when I was sure that I had made my point did I come back - and then I kept my paw on my new toy for a long, long time.


My other great presents were - a toy frog....


....and a squeaky, cuddly, turkey.


When you are not playing with him he makes a great pillow.


I hope Santa brought you all you wanted and that 2012 is a great year for you all. I'll head off now to visit some of your blogs and catch up with your Christmas and New Year fun and games.

22 comments:

What Remains Now said...

Those are awesome presents. Glad you got them away from the LOTH before she got ideas that they were for her! Happy New Year, Winnie!

Two Greyhound Town said...

Wow, you got some really neat presents! Happy New Year!

houndstooth said...

What fantastic presents! I adore that turkey. That is just the coolest toy ever! I am so glad that Santa was good to you.

Happy 2012, Winnie! May it bring you even more happiness than 2011!

Bunny

Scooter said...

Hey Winnie!
Wow, what great pressies! A reindeer, frog & turkey..perfect. Great pix of all the action!
Happy New Year!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

rottrover said...

Happy 2012, Winnie!! We love your turkey, too :-)

-Bart and Ruby

Sue said...

Fabby presents there Winnie. Song is particularly taken by the turkey:)

Happy 2012.

Hiking Hounds said...

Nice presents, Winnie. I don't think anyone will dare try to borrow them. :-)

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

What nice Christmas presents. At my house those pressies wouldn't have any insides left. :o(


Happy New Year!

Charlotte said...

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by our blog!!

(((hugs)) your friends
Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Great pressies, Winnie. We have enjoyed meeting you and look forward to more fun adventures.

Wishes to you for 2012 to be happy, healthy, peaceful, and love-filled.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You were sooooo right to protect that great toy from the envious LOTH!!!

Happy New Year, enjoy your Reindeer games....and turkey games...and froggy games....

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Angela J. said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas and got some fabulous presents to play with. I have never seen a turkey toy like that but it's a good one since it doubles as a pillow.

myparentime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bailey said...

Happy Happy New Year! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Well done my dear, you must have been a very good girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got some great toys for Christmas. That was good to keep that reindeer where no one else could get it. -Bongo

tubby3pug said...

What a great Christmas you had. That turkey looks like so much fun

Anonymous said...

Ha! That was a very adept snatch and grab move there on the reindeer Winnie! :D Luv the frog and turkey too :D So glad you had a terrific holiday time!

Happy New Year!

Waggin at ya,
Roo

WFT Nobby said...

A lesson to us all in how to protect a precious present. We think you showed great PRESENTS of mind...
Happy New Year!
Bertie (and Gail).

Stewey said...

Wonderful pressies, Winnie!
Happy New Year!
Stewey

Brenda said...

Ha ha ha - love that stuffed turkey! Happy New Year!

Lauren @ Life With Desmond said...

"so i grabbed my dear deer" made me LOL! glad to hear you had lovely holidays.