Alyson says she just makes them up as she goes along and no two of her sock toys are quite the same.
So here, in response to your requests, are Alyson's instructions of how she thinks she made my sock toy.
- Take one short sock and two knee-length ones.
- Scrunch one short sock up to make a ball (If you wanted to make a bigger toy scrunch two socks up together it doesn't matter if they have holes in, or are odd colours or anything).
- Stuff this balled-up sock into the toe end of a knee-length sock.
- Stand on the (ball) end and pull it really tight, twisting it at the same time (better to do on when you're on your own as it looks a bit strange!)
- Do the same twisting thing with 2nd empty knee-length sock.
- Then 'plait' the two knee-length socks together tightly and knot them at both ends.
You could also put a tennis ball into a sock instead of making a 'sock ball' but you'd have to take it out to wash it.
Alyson is quite shy, so here is a picture of her lovely girl Frankie (being unusually quiet).
Hope you can persuade your folks to make you a sock toy out of odd socks. If you do, PLEASE post some pictures for us to see. Pictures of your people making them might be REALLY fun.