Followers

Saturday 21 July 2012

I see sunshine - and lots of birds

Shock, horror!! The sun came out this morning. There were shadows on the ground and everything when we went for a Saturday morning walk around Barton Marina (a short drive from where we live).


There are always lots of different types of ducks, and geese and waterfowl around the lakes. The Man Of The House said we should be careful as we went past the swan family because they would be very protective of their young family - and swan are NOT to be messed with. Not that I would.



You see, there was another reason for me to tread carefully. Ever since I posted to say that I thought our garden birds maybe got fed better than I did - I've been a marked dog.

It's NOT that I'm paranoid. They really are after me.

It started one morning when the Lady Of The House saw the unusual sight of a flock of white doves on our bird table. She thought it was lovely. But through the glass they told me I was being watched EVERYWHERE I went.

.
Next day, in the neighbouring village of Rolleston, a chilling cry rang out through the still morning air. It was a peacock. They were sending in the big guys to keep and eye on me now.


At the brook another swan came up close and personal to put the beady eye on me.


I think he wanted to be paid off, but the LOTH hadn't even brought any stale bread along! LOTH!!! What are you trying to do to me???!!

At the canal the ducks were even lining up to form a threatening cordon of beaks and feathers. I was getting really scared now.



So when the geese closed in this morning at the marina, I told them straight: "You tell those garden birds from me. They can have ALL the seeds and fat balls and whatever they want in our garden. I'll never say another word....just PLEASE leave me alone!"

I think it worked.


Phew!!!

Today I am joining the Saturday Pet Blog Hop hosted by Life With Dogs, Two Little Cavaliers and Confessions of the Plume.

If you'd like to join in and make new pet blogger friends, please follow your three hosts, add your blog to the Linky and copy and paste this week's new Linky code into the html editor of your own blog. The list will automatically update on everyone's blogs as new sites add themselves over this weekend and we can all hop from blog to blog and find out everybody's news.


Thanks again to our three hosts for putting on the hop!

If you follow a new blog after finding them in the blog hop - please let them know that you found them on the Saturday Pet Blog Hop.

18 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Not to add to your Terror... butt have you ever seen Alfred Hitchcock's movie... THE BIRDS ??????

SCARY SCARY STUFFS you are living with.

Declan said...

Birds are nearly as bad as cats... evil! Deccy x

Unknown said...

Winnie , there is only one thing left to say , have you seen Hitchcock's THE BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!! Have a happy Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

pam said...

Birdies can be very scary indeed.

Finn said...

Birds! *shudder* Have a great day buddy!

Peggy Frezon said...

A peacock? In the wild there? wow. I love ducks though!

Sue said...

Winnie, Have you been watching that Hitchcock film? :)

WFT Nobby said...

Now Winnie, don't you go getting yourself all in a flap.
Toodle pip!
Bertie (who had a very scary encounter with a goose when he was a small pup, and so learned to steer well clear of all large birds).

Mary Lou said...

Winnie....
Oh no!! Goose invasion!! Goose invasion!! Plus a.... Peacock?! ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

What Remains Now said...

Those birds better leave our Winnie alone!

A Tonk's Tail said...

MOWZERS! What a close call!!

Elaine Pritchard said...

The peacock lives in the next village. I'm not sure who he owns but he strutts around and makes a lot of noise and you can often see him sitting on someone's roof or on a car roof like in the picture we got.

houndstooth said...

Yegads! Have you ever watched "The Birds"? It's like you were living the movie! I didn't sleep well after watching that one. I'm glad you finally made peace with them!

Bunny

Mollie said...

Hay Winnie, weee's live in England tooo, and weve's had lovely Hots today. Found yooo's when we went Blog hoppin :)Birds, scarey!! :)

Big Hugs Mollie x

Mollie said...

I don't nose how to follow's yooo??

Stewey said...

It's a good thing you gave those birds a piece of your mind - whew!
Stewey

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

you've got some crazy birds there. We have ours trained to fly away when we chase them. Don't know what we'd do if they turned on us!

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Kari in Alaska said...

How nice of the sunshine to make an appearance

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com