Followers

Saturday 13 April 2013

Mellow Monkey

Quiet day today with the Lady Of The House (LOTH) and the Girl Of The House (GOTH) out. One with boyfriend, one on business in Penzance. Of course it is the LOTH away on business.
Monkey and me and Boy Of The House Tom have spent a day chillin'. Tom with friends and some new games on his X-Box, Monkey - sleeping mostly - and a couple of calm walks.
Me, Soccer AM then following the footy on Sky.
Got myself a new copy of Greyhounds for Dummies - just to refresh my memory - and find myself torn between advice in the book and what has worked for us before. Will try some of the book's recommendations but mainly will go on gut instincts and what the LOTH feels to be right for us.
Sadly the netbook I usually post on is away with the LOTH so I'm having to use the main computer in what serves as an office upstairs. At least this machine doesn't freeze up every few minutes and I feel more in control of the post.
Hoping for another quiet day tomorrow with more chillin' with my boys and some good food and the Chelsea FA Cup semi-final - must keep calm for Monkey. Had a lovely text from a friend asking when they could come over and meet Monkey which I'm sure will make for an interesting day soon.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Hope you boys enjoy the footie.

Pip said...

I've read Greyhounds for Dummies as well, but The Dog Listener is the book GAP recommends here, and it's been really useful for us.

Poor Em has a few bowel issues at the moment so is on chicken and rice. I think we're going to have to find another kind of dog kibble, as the Nutrience recommended by GAP just seems to be too rich.

What Remains Now said...

Monkey's first football game!

BZ Dogs said...

I'm betting you gut is pretty smart by now :)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Glad Monkey is relaxing and settling in. We think you're instincts and experience should temper the book's recommendations.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

We're also glad it wasn't LOTH off with her boyfriend...BOL!

Unknown said...

Have a super Sunday and we hope it is a chillaxing one.
Best wishes Molly

jet said...

I had Greyhounds for Dummies, but it was one of the first things Barbie ever destroyed!!!

Eileen H said...

Monkey sounds very chilled.
Hope Monkey doesn't destroy your book
like jet said happened :-)