It was (and still is) all a bit new to me. The Lady Of The House used to do some blogging for work in her last job so she helps me out sometimes when my claws get caught in the keyboard and stuff.
One of the first people to ever come and say hi to us was Houndstooth who (you probably know) writes a wonderful blog about life with her three greyhounds and a GSD and shares writing duties with Bunny the greyhound who (yes, I'll proudly admit it) looks a little bit like me...except younger.
Well, Houndstooth teased me yesterday with a comment that she had a surprise me for me on her blog today. I couldn't imagine what it might be.
How excited was I this morning when I visited her Tales and Tails blog to discover that she had shared with me a Stylish Blogger Award! My very first blog award!!
Now the rules are we have to list a few things about ourselves and then choose five other blogs to receive the award. So here goes:
- I believe that three is the magic number and third time is lucky as when I came here to Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England in August 2010 it was the third time I'd been re-homed since the end of my racing career (but the two that didn't work out weren't my fault). I am eight years old now and I'm not going anywhere else...ever.
- I really missed being in a home and when my family first saw me in the Crossing Cottage Retired Greyhound Trust Kennels I was looking very very sad. John and Judith who looked after me there were very kind and really hoped I'd get a new family that would be mine forever.
- When we go to agricultural shows I sometimes see some of the RGT volunteers who used to walk me and I always remember them and put my paws on their chest and give them a greyhound hug (if they ask me nicely).
- I love pilchards, cheese, cuddly toys, squeaky toys, walks, zoomies in the back garden (even though there's not much grass left now thanks to me), being groomed with a grooming glove, people (especially my family) and going out in the car.
- My first Stylish Blogger Award goes to Kind Hearts, Pawzforthought. The very stylish star of this blog is Grumpy Bobby, the long-term foster dog who never fails to make me laugh with the words and pictures (and sometimes videos) about his daily adventures with ever-patient dog-fosterers John and Brenda and his squabbles with 'Dippy' Pip the terrier.
- I recently discovered The Pet Museum which always finds some very stylish pictures and interesting stories to share about pets down the ages. It always offers something new and thought-provoking.
- Beverley Cuddy edits the very stylish Dogs Today magazine and she's also a passionate campaigner on important dog issues issues so I like visiting her Coldwetnose blog.
- I love seeing pictures of dogs having fun and there's plenty of those on Two Pitties in the City which does a stylish job of correcting the misconceptions some people have of pit bulls.
- Last but not least, for being so stylish and cute I choose Mr Pip from Pip Gets Back in the Game. I loved his Christmas story, It's a Wonderful Life Mr Pip - and his recent post about yoga had me in stitches as well as knots.