Followers

Friday 24 September 2010

Working that room, baby

Well, the pots have all been washed, the biscuits and cake that wasn't eaten, or taken home by guests, has been put away (shame I liked the smell of the ginger and lemon one) and the Lady Of The House's first-ever coffee morning for Macmillan Cancer Support is over.

She raised £106 which she's very pleased about - and I had a lovely time.

I do love people and having lots of friends and neighbours in the house was my idea of heaven. I walked from one to the other to give them all lots of chance to stroke and fuss me - and they didn't disappoint. Then I went back to the first person and started working the room again.

I had to wait until the guests went home before I got one of my bone biscuits for being good.

The Girl Of The House also got a request to puppy-sit this afternoon for one of the neighbours - so she's gone off quite happily to do that while I recover from all the fuss and attention.

Roll on next year's coffee morning.

No comments: