Followers

Monday 1 November 2010

Me and my new friend Winnie

Happy November!!

We had a lovely day yesterday. The Boy Of The House and his big sister went to Westfield shopping centre in Derby to spend his birthday money - and they came back with a present for me!

The Girl Of The House has always felt I should have a Winnie the Pooh toy (as we share the same name) and now she's bought me one.

I am very gentle with him (honestly) and I carried him around the house with me, so please don't think I'm being rough with him in this picture because I'm not.
I love Winnie
Anway, it gave me something to play with while everyone else watched the American football which was live on television from Wembley Stadium. Everyone in our house was cheering for the San Francisco 49ers - so they were happy that they won.

To get in the mood they were eating hot dogs and salted popcorn and cheesy nachos and Key Lime Pie (and getting up and down to give little bags of sweets to the Trick or Treaters calling at the front door).

I loved trotting down the hall (with someone's hand on my grab collar just in case I saw a witch's cat outside) to have a look at the little ones in their super costumes.

But the family kept me well away from the hot dog onions and any chocolate as those are SOOOOOOO dangerous for us dogs.

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

I always enjoy greeting the human puppies at the door when they come to ask for candy, too! The rule is that they have to pet me before they can have some candy. Okay, it isn't a rule, but it should be!

I love your new toy! I hope you have fun with him!

Bunny

Two French Bulldogs said...

Hi new friend you sure are a cutie. Uncle has two rescued greyhounds
Snuggles,
Benny & Lily

Elaine Pritchard said...

Hi Benny & Lily

Lovely to hear from you xxx