Followers

Monday 18 October 2010

Cold and wet - not just my nose

The Lady Of The House has got a cold, so I was thoughtful enough not to pull too much when she walked me this morning and we saw two cats within yards of our front doorstep. Cheeky things!

Actually, it's surprising that it's not me and the Man Of The House who have colds after our experience yesterday morning.

We were walking down the lane to my favourite place - the nature reserve near us that used to be clay pits years ago - when we stopped to watch some sort of little hawk-type bird of prey being chased by a very fiesty blackbird (Yes, I know, I was surprised too!).

The birds chased into a tree above our heads, flapping like crazy - and because of the heavy frost we both got deluged in water and melting frost that they dislodged. It must have looked very funny. We felt a bit daft as we squelched on.

Speaking of things that are cold and wet, can I recommend to you the Cold West Nose blog written by Beverley Cuddy of Dogs Today magazine? It's always a good read and she's never slow to publicise important appeals like this weekend's search - which fortunately ended happily - for a frightened, limping black labrador lost en route to his new foster home.

1 comment:

houndstooth said...

Tee hee! I can just imagine what a rude awakening that must have been! I'm glad you didn't catch a cold.

We'll have to give that blog a look!

Bunny